Thanks to COVID-19, many people who’ve never worked from home before are suddenly doing it. One of the major challenges of a WFH lifestyle is figuring out how to get into your flow. It’s extremely likely your environment is what’s holding you back. Create and design a home office that will give you a much easier time getting — and staying — on task.
Discovering Your Work Style
What keeps you productive?
- Before you invest in renovating your home office, make a plan that starts with evaluating what gets you ready to work.
- Can you focus with a clean, simple space, or do you like lots of decor?
- Think about your workspace at the office — what kind of organizational tools do you use on a daily basis?
- Do you perform every task from start to finish, or do you jump between projects?
Furnishing Your Office
What should you keep in mind while looking for your workspace furniture?
- Secretary desks and fold-away options are great for offices in a small space.
- You’ll spend a lot of time in your desk chair, so focus on ergonomic design.
- If you like to move around during the day, consider a standing desk.
- Get a wall calendar from StriveZen to keep track of due dates and project timelines.
Decorating Your Space
Your home office can be as personalized as you’d like.
- Do you like clean design? Check out these minimalist offices for inspiration.
- Bursts of color can give the room energy and motivate you through the day.
- Organizational tools and supplies don’t have to be drab — check out these aesthetically pleasing office items.
- Decorating with plants can help to improve focus and air quality.
- Paint an accent wall one of these focus-enhancing colors for an extra boost.
Setting up an office will make working from home substantially easier. If you’re sequestered inside for the duration of the pandemic, you may as well embrace the change. Create a space where you can focus, and you’ll be amazed by what you can achieve at home.
*Article is written by Guest Author Alice Robertson of Tidyhome.info