The topic regarding Work-life balance remains to be debatable since the advances of technology made people accessible to work 24/7. There is still no concrete definition of the concept, however, it is said that work-life balance refers to the level of prioritization between personal and professional activities in an individual’s life and the level to which activities related to their job are present in the home.
Regardless of the buzz it is making, balancing between work and personal life is vital. We have gathered ten quotes from famous authors and influential people to help us understand the significance of the subject.
1. It is human nature to want to receive recognition. Who wouldn’t especially when you work hard and put a lot of effort into making that job possible. However, don’t kill yourself out seeking validation. There is so much more to life than committing it to work.
2. Like Mark Twain said, “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Not all people have that. If you are one of the lucky few, good luck and continue doing what you love.
3. If your current job is making you lose your mind, write that resignation letter and leave. Do not stay in a place that is not healthy for you. It won’t just ruin you physically, mentally and emotionally, it will ultimately affect your relationship with family and friends.
4. You are the author of your life. If you want to have a balanced work and personal life, then you eventually will have to prioritize.
5. Leave your work in the office and leave personal matters at home. Remember to set boundaries between yourself, work, and other people.
6. We don’t live to work; we work to live. Life is short, create memories with the people you love.
7. Oftentimes, because of all the responsibilities we have to handle, we forget to make time for ourselves. Do not be afraid to splurge on yourself from time to time. It may be a vacation, a new shoe, bag or gadgets. You absolutely deserve a treat.
8. Remember the saying, “Nothing is perfect.” Don’t beat yourself with a project not done on time or over the little mistakes in it.
9. Set your priorities right.
10. Take time off and refuel. Leave all those stress behind and refresh your mind. You’ll be surprised with the ideas you’ll have once your back.